Monday, March 9, 2015

My Struggle With Growing Up


So I'm turning 18 in about 2 weeks. That means I'm going to be a legal adult. (Wait, what?!) I'm growing up. In fact, I actually won't be considered a "kid" anymore. Not that my parents and grandparents and other people won't call me that anymore, but I'm not a little child...which is cool, but it's not. I have mixed feelings on the topic, hence the title of this post. :) Therefore, without further ado, my thoughts on the concept of becoming an adult and "growing up."
I'm very paradoxical so one minute I could be saying that I'm happy I'm growing up and that I can't wait for my 18th birthday, when the next minute I'll turn around and say that it's absolutely horrible and I want to be a little child again. Weird, right? Not really. Think about how easy life was as a child...you really had nothing you needed to do besides school and probably a few chores. Life was easy and your days were carefree. Adults have way more responsibilities. They're way busy and, naturally, have lots of stress. However, there are advantages to being 18 and over...you really have more freedom to do what you want. You can make your own decisions. 
As for me, growing up has been an interesting process. Emotionally, it's taken/taking me quite a while. I just don't mature quickly emotionally. This year brought a lot of change...I made new friends and so did some of my friends. Even though I sometimes feel like I'm forgotten by them, I know I'm not...and I really wouldn't turn this year in for anything! I began going to tech school which really was a leap into adulthood. It's been hard, but good. Again, I wouldn't want something different. A lot of times, people (myself included)  are discontent with their position in life. They want to be younger...or older and wish their days away. I did that with my childhood, and frankly, it's really hard to not do that with my life now. I just hope and pray that I will take life one day at a time, seek God's will, and enjoy the moment. :)

3 comments:

  1. Lovely blog, and I am going through the same thing, personally I find it FREAKING SCARY! But God is with me, so I shouldn't be scared.
    Anyways good luck and hope you figure everything out. 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! What's going on? Also, what's your name? Yeah, growing up can be scary, but has its perks too! Trust me though, God's got this!

      Delete
    2. Also, thanks for the compliment and for reading! I have a new blog if you want to check it out!

      uniquelysydney.blogspot.com :)

      Delete