Friday, March 20, 2015

My final thoughts as a 17-year-old...


I turn 18 tomorrow! Yay! Wait, did I just say "yay"? I think I did. Actually, I don't know what to think of this...really...I don't. Part of me is very excited. I am now old enough to do things I couldn't before...such as go to conferences and get jobs. But then again, there are the cons. I'm going to be a legal adult, which carries with itself a lot of responsibility. So I guess you could say I'm a bit torn.

On the other hand, it's a new year of my life and I should welcome it with gratitude. There will be more things to learn, places to see, people to meet, and things to do. There will be the stressful days...but there will be the fun ones too. It's a new year--a blessing from God, and I am thankful.

Looking back on this past year, it really has been awesome. There were changes, and it was hard...but all in all, I wouldn't trade it in for the world. I think every year has its pros and cons. 

Let's look at the pros...

Seventeen was great. I got to be in one of my favorite places on earth for my birthday--Arizona. We met some family down there and went to some San Francisco Giants Spring Training games. 





In June, we took a little trip to Lagoon, which was so fun!!! We got to go with our friends, the Alvarados, which made it even better!





I got the chance to go shooting for the second time in my life. I'm so thankful to have an awesome friend like Caleb, who helped me plan that. It was so awesome! Oh, and we wrapped the day up with an Adam Cappa concert. I got to shake his hand and personally talk to him for a minute. We even got a picture. He's such a sweet guy!





I started school at the DATC in July. It was an answer to prayer and has been a great blessing and good experience for me! :)



In August, I went on an amazing vacation. We first headed out to Estes Park, Colorado for family camp. It honestly was one of the best weeks of my life. Camp itself was a blast, but I think I look fondly on that week because I met so many cool people including my "long distance best friend" (as I call her), Lexi (she's in the bottom left picture). :)




From there, we headed to southern Utah and met my Aunty Ren and Uncle Bob and visited both Bryce Canyon and Zion National Parks. 



In September, I got the tremendous privilege of going to Hawaii for the first time in my life. I know I didn't act grateful enough then, but it really was an amazing place and experience. Thank you Mom and Dad! :) <3




And that ended the family vacation for the time when I was 17. So I was mostly home after that. But what would life in your hometown be without family and friends? I got to meet some new people this year...and hanging out with the friends I already had...so here are a few pictures. Thank you all for loving me and being my friends!











So there's a short list of the great things about the year I was seventeen!!! :) It's crazy thinking about everything and how much cool stuff can all be crammed in one year! Oh, and that's not even all of it...just a little bit! Haha. Thank you, Jesus for a great year and I pray that this next year would be one that I draw closer to You this next year as I enter adulthood and its responsibilities. :) 

Thank you all for reading. Feel free to leave me a comment. Let me know what you thought of this post...or share some advice with me on how to be a "grown up." Lol. :D You all are awesome!!! :)







No comments:

Post a Comment