Wednesday, November 26, 2014

So Tomorrow's Thanksgiving...

Well, it's here. The day we thank God for all the wonderful things He has given to us and stuff tons of food into us while others are going hungry. Oh, and if that isn't enough then we have to go to the store and basically plow people over to acquire more possessions as if what we have isn't enough. So right when we thank the Lord for all He has given us as if we're content, we decide we are not and go and buy more things. BUT, I'm not going to make this blog post all about that--how we get it wrong, how we should be giving to the poor, and how we really aren't thankful. None of that. Although I do encourage you to think about what I just said. 


 This post is about what I am thankful for.

This year has been very different from last year. I started tech college. That means I'm not really homeschooled anymore. My friends (and I) have been going in different directions. Yes, sometimes I feel like I am losing them. In addition, I've made new friends and visited new places. Had new experiences, basically. This year has had its ups and its downs...but all in all...it's been AMAZING! I am seriously so blessed to know Jesus as my Lord and Savior, to live where I do, to have wonderful and loving parents, a family that adores me, and friends that care so much about me. I couldn't ask for more!

Thank you Lord for all the blessings You have given me!!! I don't deserve anything and yet You love me so much that You give these great things anyway. May I never take them for granted! And not just on Thanksgiving, but every day, give thanks to You! You give and take away...and Lord, blessed be Your name! THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment