Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Crazy, Hectic Life...

Well, blogging can be fun but it can also be something that you feel tied down to--if I can call it that.

It's like this, over the past month, I've vowed to myself or other people to write blog posts about certain topics and ideas. Then eventually, I get to the point where I don't really want to...especially if it was an idea I 100% sold on blogging about...

...so, for now, I'm going to tell you about what's been going on in my life.

I'm 18 now, which means I'm "old enough to be free," in the words of my friend Andrew. :) However, freedom comes with a whole new boatload of responsibilities...like what you're going to do with the rest of your life, for instance. Yes, I have my ideas. Of course I have my dreams. Will it all come true? Well, who knows? What I really want...is for my life is to reflect the story that my Father in heaven is writing. He has my days planned out. All I can do is trust Him. Currently, I am still studying Digital Media Design at the local tech college. I have a couple scholarships and I'm using that money to finish up the coursework. Academically, I think I'm going to start going to university early next year and study business and marketing, but nothing is for sure yet.

I thought I would hang out with my friends quite a bit this summer...but I guess I didn't realize that my days were going to get full and QUICK. In May, my siblings, mom, and I drove to Missouri where I attended a young adult Bible conference over Memorial Day weekend. The rest of my family went down to a family Bible camp. 

We had a family vacation (2 weeks) at the end of June/beginning of July so we went to West Yellowstone, Yellowstone National Park, North Dakota to visit my great-aunt who turned 100 this year and to see some friends at a little church like ours up there, Medora, ND for a night, and then back home. 

When we got back, my aunt (not the same one from ND...this is one of my dad's sisters) came to visit for my homeschool high school graduation. We prepared for that. It was an amazing night spent with so many people I love that came out to support me. :)

The next day, we went to an awesome birthday party/fireworks at some of our friends' place. I got to hang out with a few of my friends I rarely ever see...and just had a great time in general.

Now, I'm really busy with another big event. During our time in North Dakota, one of our friends called and asked my sister and I to be in her wedding. That is coming up in just a few short days and so pretty much most of this month has been spent getting ready for that. I am excited to be a bridesmaid though!!!

After the wedding is done, there is a chance I may be able to go to a camp for teenagers/young adults up in North Dakota...

...and then in September we are going camping with friends...and then to California to visit family...

...oh yeah, and then once October comes around, a few of my friends from a different state are coming to visit me. 

Besides all that, somehow I still want to chill with my friends, get some things I need to get done finished, prepare for university, and continue to volunteer my time on Wednesday nights at AWANA (which starts in September). 

Guys...this is a crazy life...and it doesn't really slow down. My advice to you is to enjoy every moment, take nothing for granted, realize there's blessings in every phase of life, build your relationships with other people, and trust God with your future.

I think Stellar Kart might've put it best when they sang the words, "Life is good, eternal life is better." :)

No comments:

Post a Comment